MST, CPA | Senior Manager
Joe Fernandez, MST, CPA, is an international senior manager with over fourteen years of tax compliance and consulting experience in planning and reporting for high net worth individuals and closely held businesses with domestic and foreign issues.
His area of expertise includes pre-immigration tax planning, expatriation planning, inbound corporate structures to minimize U.S. taxation, passive foreign investment companies (PFICs), controlled foreign corporations, Australian Superannuation, foreign trusts and state income tax nexus.
Joe has extensive experience in working with clients and their attorneys on participation in the federal offshore voluntary disclosure initiative program (OVDI). Additionally, he advises foreign individuals investing in U.S real estate, foreign earned income exclusion, analysis of U.S income tax treaties, foreign tax credits and Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA).
- Tax Planning and Compliance Services
- International Tax Consulting Services
- Business Advisory Services
- Startup, Technology, Retail, Small to Mid-Sized Businesses
- High Net Worth Individuals, Pre-immigration, Expatriation
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Valley International Business Group